The Medical Department at Strafford County Department of Corrections is seeking RN/LPN applicants for:
FULL TIME 2nd SHIFT RN/LPN POSITION (immediate opening) Supervisory and/or Correctional experience preferred
FULL TIME 2nd SHIFT LPN POSITION Acute Care or Correctional experience preferred
RN WEEKEND BAYLOR POSITION Acute Care or Correctional experience preferred
Applicants must have an unencumbered NH license in good standing with the Board of Nursing.Correctional
Nursing experience preferred.Interested applicants may send a resume or letter of interest to
Tracy M. Warren RNC, CCHP-RN SCDOC email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Strafford County is an equal opportunity employer
Under the supervision of the Shift Supervisor performs a variety
of work for the care, custody and control of inmates incarcerated at the
facility and others under departmental supervision.
High school graduate or equivalent.
Good physical and mental health.
Ability to work as an individual and also as a team member.
Ability to supervise others.
Ability and willingness to follow orders promptly and accurately.
Willing to work all shifts.
Able to work overtime as required, including double shifts and
Agree to report any personal arrest and/or conviction within 24
hours to a supervisor.
Agree to submit to background check at least every three (3) years.
Successfully complete forty (40) hours orientation, four (4) weeks of
on the job training, followed by Thirty (30) hours of in- house training
every year thereafter.
Successfully complete the Correctional Officers Academy, one
hundred sixty (160) hours of training.
The Correctional Officer will be responsible for the direct
supervision of inmates incarcerated at the facility and those under
departmental supervision who may not be incarcerated but are
otherwise under departmental control.
The Correctional Officer will be responsible for:
1. Following all federal, state and local laws.
2. Following the department Operational Guidelines regarding all
3. Reporting for duty at the designated time dressed in proper
4. Demonstrating his/her knowledge of accepted correctional
practices through the utilization of the Strafford County
Department of Corrections Operational Guidelines.
5. Supervising and giving instruction to incarcerated inmates.
6. Being proficient at implementing emergency procedures by
following the Strafford County Department of Corrections
7. Being proficient in all areas of responsibility i.e.: Housing Pods 1,
2 and 3, Zone Officer, and Reception Officer.
Strafford County Department of Corrections
8. Perform oversight and assistance in the conduct of the departments
programs. Designed to transition inmates into society and reduce
the recidivism rate of released inmates.
9. Conducting headcounts accurately and promptly and visually
identify each inmate.
10. Maintaining the Officer's and Visitor's Logs.
11. Maintaining a pass-on of all relevant events.
12. Doing daily searches of his/her area to make sure it is safe and
13. Conducting clothed and unclothed search on inmates, when
14. Conducting metal detectors searches on civilians entering the
15. The general housekeeping of his/her area.
16. Enforcing all inmate rules of the Strafford County Department of
17. Having knowledge of and proficiently protect the due process
rights of all inmates incarcerated at the facility.
18. Performing any and all other duties as assigned.
STRAFFORD COUNTY DOC IS ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS, AND INTERVIEWING FOR OPEN POSITIONS. See below for our application and mailing address.
WE OPENED OUR CURRENT FACILITY IN 2004 AND ARE PROUD TO HAVE:
A direct supervision management philosophy, state of the art information technology systems, ample housing for inmates of all classifications, a dedicated staff training area with gym and locker rooms, a complete kitchen facility,on-site medical services including dental and mental health, an intensive drug and alcohol Therapeutic Community Program, two video arraignment rooms, our Family Reception Center, and non-contact visiting (7 days a week.)
Do you have what it takes, Are you up to the challenge?
The correctional officer is responsible for the direct supervision, care, custody, and control of all inmates Incarcerated at the facility.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age and possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Passing, at a minimum, four of the seven listed Physical Fitness standards.
- » Physical Fitness Requirements At least four (4) of these tests must be passed.
- Excellent communication and human relation skills, maintaining good health, and the desire for a challenging career.
BENEFITS: Strafford County offers an excellent benefits package which includes:
WE ALSO OFFER:
- A climate controlled work environment
- County tuition reimbursement
- A six month probationary period under our Field Training Program
- On-site parking
- Meals and uniforms
- An Annual benefit to employees that maintain a superior level of physical fitness
- HIRING PROCESS: The following steps, which typically occur in the following order, will be successfully completed prior to being issued a conditional offer of employment.
- Application/ Resume Review & Initial Interview
- Physical Fitness Testing
- Aptitude Testing
- Facility Tour/ Job Shadow
- Background Investigation
- Final Interview
- Medical Evaluation and Drug Screening
- SCDOC Reserves the Right to Perform Polygraph Testing on Applicants During the Interview Process.
CORRECTIONAL OFFICERS ARE ENCOURAGED TO EXPAND THEIR EXPERTISE BY:
- Applying to join the Special Reaction Team (SRT) or Training for our Career Ladder Program -
- Career Ladder including Booking Officers, Field Training Officers, Central Control Officers and a Reception Officer receive additional pay once promoted.
Women are very successful in this profession and are encouraged to apply.
No experience is necessary to be a great correctional officer; all you need is the desire to learn and the physical and mental abilities to handle what may be a stressful environment at times.
Download the complete employment application in .pdf format:
If not already installed on your computer, you'll need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view the .pdf file.
SEND YOUR COMPLETED APPLICATION AND RESUME TO:
SCDOC Director of Training
SGT. Leonard Nadeau
266 County Farm Road
Dover, NH 03820
If you would like more information, call (603) 742-3310
Strafford County is an equal opportunity employer.