The Medical Department at Strafford County Department of Corrections is seeking RN/LPN applicants for:
FULL TIME 2nd SHIFT RN/LPN POSITION (immediate opening) Supervisory and/or Correctional experience preferred
FULL TIME 2nd SHIFT LPN POSITION Acute Care or Correctional experience preferred
Applicants must have an unencumbered NH license in good standing with the Board of Nursing.Correctional
Nursing experience preferred.Interested applicants may send a resume or letter of interest to
Tracy M. Warren RNC, CCHP-RN SCDOC email: firstname.lastname@example.orgStrafford
Strafford County is an equal opportunity employer
Under the supervision of the Shift Supervisor performs a variety
High school graduate or equivalent.
The Correctional Officer will be responsible for the direct
The Correctional Officer will be responsible for:
STRAFFORD COUNTY DOC IS ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS, AND INTERVIEWING FOR OPEN POSITIONS. See below for our application and mailing address.
WE OPENED OUR CURRENT FACILITY IN 2004 AND ARE PROUD TO HAVE:
A direct supervision management philosophy, state of the art information technology systems, ample housing for inmates of all classifications, a dedicated staff training area with gym and locker rooms, a complete kitchen facility,on-site medical services including dental and mental health, an intensive drug and alcohol Therapeutic Community Program, two video arraignment rooms, our Family Reception Center, and non-contact visiting (7 days a week.)
Do you have what it takes, Are you up to the challenge?
The correctional officer is responsible for the direct supervision, care, custody, and control of all inmates Incarcerated at the facility.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age and possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Passing, at a minimum, four of the seven listed Physical Fitness standards.
- » Physical Fitness Requirements At least four (4) of these tests must be passed.
- Excellent communication and human relation skills, maintaining good health, and the desire for a challenging career.
BENEFITS: Strafford County offers an excellent benefits package which includes:
WE ALSO OFFER:
- A climate controlled work environment
- County tuition reimbursement
- A six month probationary period under our Field Training Program
- On-site parking
- Meals and uniforms
- An Annual benefit to employees that maintain a superior level of physical fitness
- HIRING PROCESS: The following steps, which typically occur in the following order, will be successfully completed prior to being issued a conditional offer of employment.
- Application/ Resume Review & Initial Interview
- Physical Fitness Testing
- Aptitude Testing
- Facility Tour/ Job Shadow
- Background Investigation
- Final Interview
- Medical Evaluation and Drug Screening
- SCDOC Reserves the Right to Perform Polygraph Testing on Applicants During the Interview Process.
CORRECTIONAL OFFICERS ARE ENCOURAGED TO EXPAND THEIR EXPERTISE BY:
- Applying to join the Special Reaction Team (SRT) or Training for our Career Ladder Program -
- Career Ladder including Booking Officers, Field Training Officers, Central Control Officers and a Reception Officer receive additional pay once promoted.
Women are very successful in this profession and are encouraged to apply.
No experience is necessary to be a great correctional officer; all you need is the desire to learn and the physical and mental abilities to handle what may be a stressful environment at times.
Download the complete employment application in .pdf format:
If not already installed on your computer, you'll need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view the .pdf file.
SEND YOUR COMPLETED APPLICATION AND RESUME TO:
Strafford County Department of Corrections
Attention: Leonard Nadeau
266 County Farm Road
Dover, NH 03820
If you would like more information, call (603) 742-3310
Strafford County is an equal opportunity employer.